Canva is a graphic design platform that offers a wide range of templates and features for designing various items online. On the other hand, GPT is a large language-based model that communicates with humans through text-based prompts and provides in-depth answers. Although Canva has a magic write feature that functions as an AI-based content provider, GPT-4 is more advanced, capable of generating videos, images, numbers, sounds, and more. This blog will outline several differences between the two platforms, helping you determine whether GPT-4 can serve as a replacement for Canva.
Can GPT-4 replace Canva ?
With the launch of ChatGPT and the growing buzz surrounding GPT-4, there is a growing curiosity about what this new version of GPT can replace. As a Canva creator myself, I am also conducting research to determine whether this new GPT version will impact us. To arrive at a conclusive answer, it’s essential to examine the key features of both platforms and conduct a critical analysis of the true differences between these two giants.
What is GPT-4 ? Everything we know so far.
GPT-4 is a new version of the GPT language model, and although details about its features are limited at this early stage, there are some important points to note:
- GPT-4 is expected to be 500 times more powerful than the current version of ChatGPT.
- The current version of GPT (3.5) is built with 175 billion machine learning parameters, whereas GPT-4 has 100 trillion ML parameters.
- GPT-4 is capable of processing multiple types of data, including videos, images, numbers, and sounds.
- With its advanced capabilities, GPT-4 can assist users in writing movie scripts, generating actors for films or dramas, producing movies without hiring real-life actors, and incorporating AI-generated sound and animations.
What is Canva and its features ? All you need to get started
Canva was founded to make design accessible and easy for everyone. Over time, It has evolved and expanded its offerings to include a wide range of features and options. Some of the key features of Canva are:
- Thousands of social media designs and templates
- Creation of posters, flyers, banners, logos, thumbnails, business cards, letterheads, and presentations, which can be presented and recorded online and converted to PPT format
- T-shirt designing for sale on print-on-demand websites
- E-book and catalog design templates
- Wedding and invitation card templates
- Special templates for quotes and messages
- Import PDF feature for easy PDF editing
- Create professional resumes in Canva
- Canva Doc with a magic write feature that generates AI content for any topic
- Canva text-to-image feature
- Various planner templates
- Screen Recording with Canva
- Canva tables and charts for data visualization
- Canva photos, videos, and music library
- Canva photo and video editing features
- Brand kit design and bulk create content with canva for social media publishing
- Creation of interactive websites with Canva
- Integration with other useful apps like Smartmockups, Shadows, Duetone, and QR code generator
- Canva whiteboard and mind maps templates for project planning
- Canva elements library that is frequently updated with various occasion-related requirements
- Many types of text effects, page and element animations
- Liberty to upload any font, photos, or videos
- Canva training and educational resources.
Canva’s continuous updates and evolving platform demonstrate its commitment to staying current and meeting the challenges of the future. Canva also offers various programs like the Canva Creator, Contributor, and Champion program that allow freelancers to master a specific feature and earn money through various freelance websites.
In conclusion, while both Canva and GPT-4 have their unique features and capabilities, it is too soon to determine if GPT-4 can fully replace Canva. Canva offers a vast array of design templates and features, including the ability to create presentations and screen recordings. However, Canva does not currently offer video and sound creation features with artificial intelligence, while GPT-4 can process multiple types of data and generate content such as movies and actors without the need for real-life actors. Combining the use of both platforms may yield promising results in the future.